The pictures have a wide age/skill level range. Lydia in Kindergarten, just getting ready to start 1st grade level work, did struggle a bit. Younger kids will need a lot of hands-on instruction with these books, but they are totally workable for the age range. The books can be broken down over a couple days or for a full project last several days. A student can decide to draw every drawing or just choose a few. This series appears to be extremely adaptable, and in our family situation of having multiple kids with learning disabilities and autism, I was able to easily adapt and teach with this book quickly.
Here's a picture of our finished product:
- Easily adjustable to multi-level teaching.
- Packed with information about each President
- Directions are easy to follow in each drawing. The previous instructions are shown in the next step, but highlighted in red. Makes for independent work.
- Great for Hands-on learning.
- Our kids really liked learning about a President by drawing.
- A child can do every drawing or just select one depending on their level.
- Only available in hardcover...think if they were available in paperback cost could be cheaper
- Price....individual quantities are limited and full set is pricey.
Author: Philip Abraham
Pages: Each book has 32 pages
Binding: Library bound (Hard cover)
If you are interested in ordering this set, please visit the link below.
A Kid's Guide to Drawing the Presidents of the USA
Timberdoodle has a wonderful set of supplies to fit all homeschoolers needs.
Art Curriculum, Art Supplements, Art for homeschoolers
Free Homeschool Catalog
Complete Curriculum Kits
Timberdoodle on Facebook
As a member of Timberdoodle's Blogger Review Team I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a frank and unbiased review.