Monday, October 1, 2018
Keto Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipe - Low Carb Fall Treat
We are entering a new phase in life. Not only is Joe Type 2 diabetic, but our youngest was diagnosed also as Type 2 diabetic. So more changes and challenges to overcome.
I promised Caty that I would help her make as many adjustments as possible for a lower carb diet. As a baker, she loves having a treat. She usually doesn't overdo it, but adjustments need to be made. Even eating low carb wasn't completely controlling her.
She loves PUMPKIN ANYTHING!! So we had to come up with a pumpkin cookie treat for her (and her dad). The frosting in the picture below is darker because I added extra cinnamon and ginger in the frosting because Joe likes that. I also got a little bit too big of a splash of vanilla...lol
Keto Pumpkin Spice Cookies
3 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, melted (you could substitute coconut oil)
1/2 cup sweetener of choice...some use sugar-free maple syrup, I used Swerve
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Cream together sugar and butter until smooth. Add the egg and pumpkin, mix well.
3. Combine almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
5. Using a cookie scoop, drop balls of dough on prepared cookie sheet. I smoothed out with the back of my scoop to make sure that they spread out.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Watch for brown edges.
7. Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
1/2 cup butter
1 - 8 oz bar of cream cheese
2 cups powdered sweetener
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
Mix together until smooth and apply to cooled cookies.
**You could add sugar free chocolate chips or even walnuts if you would like, but this would change your macros.**
Each cookie is roughly 2 carbs per cookie, depending on your flour, and sweetener used.
I didn't do a step by step picture recipe, because it was early in the am (around 5 am) and I just didn't feel like it. My coffee had barely started working.