Monday, October 15, 2018
Low-Carb Pumpkin Snickerdoodles (Grain-free, Sugar-free)
Low-carb Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
1 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar substitute (We used Splenda baking Brown sugar)
2 TBS of Liquid Sweetener (We use this - Splenda Zero)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cup of Birch Benders Pancake & Waffle Mix
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
1. Beat butter, brown sugar, liquid sugar together. We did not use the mixer for this, but did it by hand. Stir in your pumpkin. Beat the eggs into the mixture and also vanilla extract.
2. Whisk in the pancake/waffle mix, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour to the liquid mixture. When the dough is combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
4. Whisk together 1/2 cup Splenda baking sugar and cinnamon. Make 1 inch balls with dough and roll into this mixture. Place about two-inches apart on prepared sheet pan and smash slightly with fingers or the back of a spoon. (You want them about the same thickness across.)
5. Bake for roughly 10-12 minutes. Watch for the outer edges to turn brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. They will crumble slightly while still very warm.