Saturday, November 16, 2019

Rough Health Week, But Pushing Forward

So I had some pretty weird and rough.  I started out the week with more leg swelling, and it only got worse from there.  I had a very horrible appointment with an allergist CNP which left me in tears.  So I got up and walked out.  Then after a 6 hour ER visit, an emergency appointment with an Internal Dr.  Lots of blood work and NO real answers and explanations.  But no matter how I was feeling, life goes on.  I was physically exhausted and experiencing massive edema issues, but life still went on.

I'm taking advantage of whatever extra time I can to work.  I am so behind on creating classes for our Minecraft school.  I'm trying to catch back up.  I was watching Hulu and working in the van during the Volunteer Awards banquet at the zoo.

The kids had regular practices this week.  We had more people join the youth team which is awesome!

Our big puppy Saige is such a lover.  I was getting my shoes on to take the boys to bball practice and she knew I wasn't feeling great and jumped right in my lap.

All the kids have great coaches and they play with a great group of athletes!!

One of the DSPs from Joey's office sent me a picture of him working.  They were doing yard work around the main office.

The girls are still chugging away at co-op.  Lydia is taking a montessori knitting class along with piano.  Caty is taking sewing 2 (She's making a Tinkerbell dress in this picture), Montessori knitting, and a makers class.

For more than a week and a half I was experiencing severe leg swelling and abdominal bloating.  I gained 22 pounds in under 2 weeks.  It was so bad the day I went to get bloodwork, that I waddled (notice I didn't say walked) to the Emergency Room.  I had been monitoring my blood pressure and heart rate (I have an Apple watch), but still needed something to help.  Six hours later...and NOTHING!!  The edema in my legs was awful.  I was having lower hip pain and lower back pain.  But kidney and heart issues were ruled out.  I had an appointment with an internal doctor and she knew nothing either.  More bloodwork and still no answers.  The swelling comes and goes.  So I made an appointment for a phone consult with a naturopathic dr.  Have to wait until January.  So I am self-medicating.

Got home frustrated, and Saige gave me hugs and laid on me to make me feel better.

Lydia saw me crocheting and decided to try on her own.  She tried crocheting a few years ago, and struggled so bad.  She now had the single stitch mastered and is working on a gift for a friend.

Monday night was the Volunteer Banquet at the zoo.  Zooteens were invited.  I arranged for Lydia to take one of her friends with her as her plus 1.  We had time to kill after geography fair, so we hung out at the coffee shop until it was time to drop them off for the dinner.

This week was the Geography Fair that I host for our homeschool group.  So many very cool projects.  Lydia did her project on Chincoteague Island, and Caty on England.

In history this week, they finished up learning about Jamestown and John Smith.  The girls built these paper models that I have had the file saved for a really long time.

They also talked about the Pilgrims and the First Thanksgiving.

Some more history books from the week.

Our state to visit this week was Georgia.  Here is our reading material for the week.  We also watched Aerial America Georgia and State Plate - Georgia.

Our geography meal was Shrimp and Grits with peach cobbler.

After such a long week, I took the girls to see the new Harriet Tubman movie.  It was very well made.  Caty studied her for Living History last year and really wanted to see this.  She noticed a few discrepancies in what she learned last year and what the movie portrayed.

On Friday night, Lydia was also able to visit the local planetarium with the Zooteens.  She fell in love with the stars, again....

Friday evening, I made a big crockpot of chicken noodle soup for a friend.  We put it in small, single serving bowls to make it so she can freeze it too.  Caty has requested soup now.

Saturday was busy.  Delivering soup, we had a memorial service, and the Hoops for HOPE fundraiser.  This fundraiser allows athletes to raise money for our county's self-advocacy group.  The girls had fun shooting baskets and playing games.

Saturday afternoon I cooked a turkey for us to eat on over the weekend and part of the week.  Caty fell in love with the turkey and has requested this more often.

More pics of Saige.  She is such a lovey dog and wants to cuddle.

She's a good ride buddy too, except when she wants to give hugs while I am driving.

I finally got the kids fall pictures edited and printed.  They are now on the ladder shelf on display.

I'm accepting my current health status as a new norm for us.  I'll keep chugging along and looking for answers to allow me to keep up and hopefully help some issues until I can see the naturopathic dr.

Brayden started his new job, so he now works two jobs during the week.  He doesn't overwork, 5 hours at one job, and 5 hours at the other.  But it's an additional slot on the calendar and something else to balance.   Our calendar is pretty slammed Monday through Thursday with jobs, practices, and classes.  I look forward to a lull in March after bball season is over and before other major sports take back over the calendar again for summer.

I hope everyone had a great week.  Linking up with other moms at Homeschool Coffee Break.

Homeschool Coffee Break

No comments:

Post a Comment